How to do a French Plait or French Braid Video
I do like to keep my promises, and as ALL of you professed to loving all things braid like, then this is the first plait ‘how to’. I’ve started off with a simple French plait as lots of people have mentioned they struggle to do one of these. As the sound is a bit muffled when I turn around, there’s step by step instructions after the cut.
- Scoop up the top of your hair into a half pony tail where you want the braid to begin
- Divide this into three segments
- Pass the outer segment from one side over the middle segment
- Now pass the outer segment from the other side over the new middle segment
- Continue passing over the outer segments from each side in turn, adding hair from the corresponding side of your head each time
- Keep adding hair until all the hair is included in one of the sections, then continue a normal plait to where you want the braid to end.
Next up, fingers crossed (or rather not, as that would make it a trifle difficult to plait) is the herringbone and twist braids, which I’m much less practised at, so expect much slower progress!