How to do a twist plait or twist braid video
It may have been a long wait but the second instalment of our plait ‘how to’ is here. This is a half pony tail twist plait a la the Pollini-Rifat Ozbek plaits we showed you. Those of you waiting for the herringbone version, Gemma will be posting that up soon as she’s far better at them than me! As before, written instructions are under the cut in case you can’t follow my instructions.
1. Divide your hair into a half pony tale
2. Divide this section into two
3. Twist both sections in the same direction
4. Cross over in the opposite direction to the way you were twisting
5. Twist and cross again
6. Repeat until you reach where you want the plait to end.
To do a the French plait version, follow the instructions above and add a little as you work your way down your head as you would with a French plait – you really need to master the French plait before you can do this though.