Kiss and Makeup

Four ways to make any mascara look better

eyelashes.jpg

Having the right mascara helps (Max Factor Masterpiece and Lancome Hypnose are my top choices), but the application can make all the difference too. Here's four ways to make your lashes look better...

1. Remove excess product from the brush - if there's already clumps on the wand, is it any wonder clumps end up on your lashes?

2. Take time over application - I'm not talking hours, just applying carefully rather than rushing can lead to a much better result...

3. Look down into a mirror - This way you can really see what you're doing, which improves the finished result no end. Plus you can get right to the tips without them brushing against your eyelid and ruining your eyeshadow.

4. Curl your eyelashes - If you're still a curler virgin, get a pair now! Everything you've read about curling opening up your eyes and making your lashes look longer is true.

Does anyone else have any mascara secrets? Share all!

Like that? Try this: Review: Lancome Cils Design Pro Dual Mascara

Want to watch Shiny Fashion TV? Click here for the latest videos

Posted by Charlotte on December 5, 2007 in Eye Makeup, Mascara | Permalink

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Four ways to make any mascara look better:

Comments

Mascara might just be the most difficult makeup. I love Imju's fibrewig mascara though, that one has solved all my problems!

grayburn.blogspot.com

Posted by: Grayburn | December 5, 2007 4:40 PM

I like to use the tip of the wand to flick my corner eyelashes out. It makes them look longer, and almosts looks like i've used a few false eyelashes there.

Posted by: Emily Tan | December 5, 2007 6:44 PM

always make sure u put a coat on the top of ur eyelashes aswell as the bottom, messy but worth it!

Posted by: abbey | December 5, 2007 9:29 PM

If I want really 'wow' lashes, I wipe off the excess from the brush onto a piece of paper, paint my upper lashes, top and bottom like abbey, and then I use a tiny eyelner brush to paint the fine lashes round the corners of my eyes, as well as the bottom lashes. I paint the tiny spaces between the roots of my top lashes with mascara this way too - it's roots, not the tips, that make your lashes look long and luscious!
PS Masterpiece Max rocks!

Posted by: clairecita | December 6, 2007 9:12 AM

I use a toothbrush (not the one I use for my mouth) to comb through my lashes after applying mascara to even out any clumps.

Posted by: Meg | December 8, 2007 1:55 AM