5 ways to get your makeup cheaper
I love a new eye shadow or mascara as much as the next beauty addict, but I do have to admit to being a bit of a Scrooge when it comes to spending money, so I'm always looking for ways to get my cosmetics fix that little bit cheaper. Here's five ways to get your beauty booty for a bargain...
1. Discount outlets - I'm talking about those big shopping villages - Clarks being my nearest, who often have a few beauty stores in their midst. I've picked up Body Shop make up for 50p and toiletries for as little as 10p.
2. Airports - If you have a designer item that you spend big on, it could be worth picking it up at the airport. Check prices against internet stockists before you go to see where you get the biggest saving....
3. Surveys - Valued Opinions give Boots vouchers in return for filling in online surveys. You can do them in front of the TV and they don't usually take more than 10 minutes. I've clocked up at least £40 of Boots vouchers for nothing by doing surveys.
4. Store cards - Tesco and Boots in particular have good store cards so don't forget to sign up and use them. Try to do your shopping in Boots when they have a triple points offer on and you'll soon be racking up a sizeable amount to spend. Tesco sometimes have spa days on their Clubcard deals list so it's worth checking before you blow your vouchers in store.
5. Beauty Swap Shop - This website is particularly handy if you've got a present of a product you know you don't want. It's been recently revamped so it's much easier to find a swapee.
Of course that's just the beginning, there's plenty more I didn't mention. Try searching the Money Saving Expert forums for beauty codes, discounts and freebies, and check prices on eBay to see if you could make a saving (although be cautious, there's some dodgy sellers on there).
What money saving methods do you use when buying cosmetics?
Want to watch Shiny Fashion TV? Click here for the latest videos