New York Fashion Week S/S 2011: Christian Siriano, hair by Aveda
[Click image to enlarge.]
Everyone knows Christian Siriano's clothes make a big statement - so the hair has to keep up. Aveda lead stylist Antoinette Beenders rose to the challenge, as did the hair in the textured bun she created for the show.
"The Christian Siriano hair look for this season is all about different cultures mixing and blending together," Beenders said. "The style is a modern bun--full of attitude--with sections of crimped hair cascading over it for texture. It's a strong, contemporary twist on the classic bun."
See Christian behind-the-scenes and find out the steps to creating this catwalk-crazy look after the jump.
1. Brush hair with a Mason Pearson brush. Pull the top section of hair -- from the hairline to the crown -- and clip it out of the way.
2. Comb the remaining hair back into a tight, high ponytail and secure with a bungee elastic. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray for hold.
3. Spray Aveda Brilliant™ Spray-On Shine directly onto the bristles of a kabuki-style Aveda Uruku Bronzing Brush. "Paint" the sides of hair with the Uruku Bronzing Brush for shine.
4. Take the ponytail and braid it. Then twist the braid into a bun, securing to the head with bobby pins. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray for ultra-strong hold.
5. Remove the clip from the remaining top section of hair and comb to the crown. Working with small portions of hair (approximately one inch) at a time, use a micro-crimping iron to add texture from the crown to ends.
6. Brush the hair with a Mason Pearson brush to loosen the crimp. Gently pull the hair over the bun and secure at the base with hair pins. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray.
7. Pull a few pieces of hair out of the bun with fingers for extra texture. Set the look with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray.