Catwalk to Cuticle: How to do dip-dyed nails
The first in our mini series of adapting catwalk summer trends to your nails, we're starting with one of the easiest (we're in no way amazing nail artists) - dip dye!
Dip-dyed clothes are all over the high street right now, and the trend even made it to our hair for a little while, so we decided to see if we could wear the colour graduating style on our nails too.
Turns out it's pretty easy actually! You'll need:
- Whatever colour nail polish you want to use, we used Sally Hanson Complete Salon Manicure in Navy Baby and OPI 20 Candles on My Cake
- A white nail polish, we used NARS Écume
- A spare clean nail varnish brush (we used one from an old clear polish we never use)
- Something to mix on
So basically after you've accumulated your dip-dye toolkit...
- Paint your first nail with your chosen nail polish
- Pour a few drops of it onto your mixing thingy
- Add a drop of white and mix in with your spare brush
- Paint your second nail
- Add a few more drops of white
- Paint third nail