Get Jennifer Lawrence's The Hunger Games premiere hair
Jennifer Lawrence looked gorgeous at the Los Angeles premiere of The Hunger Games. Taking inspiration from her amazing floor length Prabal Gurung gown, the actress used the same burnished gold and black hues featured in it to create a statement smoky eye: make up artist Jillian Dempsey lined her eyes with black liner and then blended it into a gold shadow to create a multidimensional look. The strong eye was balanced out with nude lips, sunkissed skin and a glowing, peachy blush created with two shades.
While her make up was nice, it was only when she turned around that I was really impressed. Look at her hair!
Amazing. Jennifer wore her blonde hair in a low plaited chignon (a reference to the braid her character Katniss Everdeen wears in the film), embellished with two sparkly gold Jennifer Behr headbands that were wound around and into the braids. Such a pretty hairstyle, even the tiny details helped to add to the style too - like the subtle, almost unnoticeable loose plaits running through the crown into the bun. Can't wait to see what she does for the London premiere tonight!
If you want to copy Jennifer's look, check out how her stylist Mark Townsend did it below!
1. Apply a large dollop of Dove Style+Care Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse to damp hair.
2. Using a large round brush and a blow dryer, blow dry hair.
3. Once dry, take 3-inch sections of hair and spray each with Dove Style+Care Thermal Replenishment Spray before wrapping the piece around a 1-inch curling iron.
4. Spray Sally Hershberger Genius Spray Wax all over to give the hair second-day texture.
5. Take two thin embellished headwraps and braid them into hair.
6. Using hair grips, wrap and pin the braid into a bun.
7. Finish with hairspray all over to keep hair in place all night.