Lana Del Rey does voluptuous curled hair at Cannes
I'm not completely sure what she's doing there, but Lana Del Rey is at the Cannes Film Festival. Possibly some French bazillionaire has flown her out there to talk at an intimate gathering of his closest friends including Diane Kruger and Johnny Depp (we laugh but that is probably exactly what she's doing there).
Anyway, why she's there is irrelevant after you realise just how amazing her hair looks. Look at it. It's so... voluptuous.
Lana attended the screening of Moonrise Kingdom (which was also the opening ceremony for the festival) yesterday and showed off an amped up version of her usual hairstyle: luscious, cascading waves which tumbled down over her shoulder.
Cue us desperate to figure out how she did it: thankfully ghd came to our aid (you might not think they'd be the go-to hair brand for curls, but with their new hairdryer - ghd air - they've got all based covered). To find out how to get Lana's look, courtesy of international session stylist (and ghd Creative Director) Kenna, read on!
1.To begin, apply ghd Style Root Lift Spray from roots down and ghd Style Total Volume Foam from tips up, to towel dried hair, to create a big bouncy blow-dry style with your ghd air dryer
2. You will want to start by drying the roots to activate the ghd Root Lift Spray; this product is great for the whole length of the hair because it adds texture
3. Continue drying by flipping your head upside down and keeping ghd air on low speed and low heat; let gravity help you build volume
4. Once hair is completely dry and volume perfected, a blast of cold using the cold shot button on ghd air will give your style a great tousled look
5. To create the curls I would recommend using the finger pin technique. Firstly wrap 2cm squares of hair round a finger, release finger keeping your hair in a coil, then heat the coil with the ghd Gold Classic styler for 4-6 seconds - watch a beautiful finger curl appear. (For larger waves follow the steps above but this time wrap 3-4cm squares of hair round a finger instead.) Once all hair is complete shake your head from side to side letting the curls fall naturally
6. Finally, hold your style in place with ghd Style Final Fix Spray to ensure your curls stay big and bouncy all day