Max Factor create 'Sports Chic' make up for the Olympics
Obviously everybody involved in the London 2012 Olympic & Paralympic Games have a uniform, but did you know it stretches to make up too? Well for some of them - Max Factor have been the lucky brand to create the official beauty look for the athletes and presenter escorts!
The 'Sports Chic' makeup design was created by award winning make-up artist and UK Max Factor ambassador Caroline Barnes and will be worn by the athletes at each of the 805 Victory Ceremonies where they are presented their medals.
Caroline's design was inspired by the official costumes created by Royal College of Art students that the medal bearers will wear, with purple and gold hues in a simple, modern beauty design with subtle smokey, feline eyes, defined cheekbones and a soft pink lip.
"The eyes of the world will be on London this year and I'm so proud that my make-up design will be a part of something as big as the London 2012 Olympic & Paralympic Games," said Caroline. "I wanted it to encompass everything the Games are about, so it represents wellbeing; it's natural and fresh and will give each of the wearers a lovely healthy glow."
If you want to copy the look, Max Factor have given us complete instructions - check them out below.
1. Start with a flawless, glowing base by using Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation (£9.99). To perfect blemishes where you need extra coverage or for top up perfection, use Max Factor Miracle Touch Foundation (£12.99).
2. Add a touch of Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush (£6.99) across your cheekbones towards your hairline to create a sophisticated glow.
3. Next, use Max Factor Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel (£4.99) to add definition to your brow. The brush on the end will help shape your brows and remove any excess foundation.
4. Use Max Colour Effect Trio Eye-shadow in Coco Crazy (£6.99) to play with light and dark tones. Place the darkest tone in the socket for wide eyes, or underneath the lower lashes to make small
5. Add Masterpiece Colour Precision Eyeshadow in Pearl Beige (£6.99) to the inner corner of the eye to add a beautiful light and brightness to the eye.
6. Use Liquid Effect Pencil in Violet Voltage (£6.99) on the outer corners of the top and bottom lashes; blend outwards with the rubber end to create a feline shape to your eyes.
7. Finish the eye look by coating the lashes with two coats of False Lash Effect Gold Mascara (£11.99).
8. Complete the look with Max Colour Effect Lip Gloss in Romantic (£4.99) and Max Colour Effect Mini Nail Polish in Ivory (£3.99).