Product Spotlight: Rimmel London Salon Pro With Lycra
With nail art being so ridiculously popular these days, it's even more important for brands to keep up and ahead of the curve, not just in cool new technologies, but in good old fashioned nail polish too, which is why Rimmel London have updated their Lycra Nail Polish formula, giving it a makeover into the new and improved Rimmel London Salon Pro With Lycra Nail Polish collection - and to celebrate we've got some goodie bags to give away!
And what do you do if you want to make sure you have the best, coolest shades? You enlist the coolest model to help you create them of course - which is why 10 of the 30 Salon Pro shades were created in collaboration with Kate Moss!
Kate even helped create the music-inspired names for the shades, like Soul Sessions, Disco Fever and Rhythm & Blues, explaining that "as with music, different colours suit different moods which is why I think the names work so well."
So where does the salon quality come in? It boasts a three-in-one formula incorporating base coat, top coat and gel colour, formed with a technology called Colour Sculpt gel which uses microscopic tube particles to create a plumped up, super-glossy look that'll last without fading or chipping for up to 10 days. I was impressed from the first stroke: coverage is almost completely opaque from the first coat, and the increase in pigment and shine is very impressive.
It's not just the varnish that matters though - having a good quality brush is a necessity to doing a good paint job, and Rimmel London's rounded flat square brush is double the width, gliding over your nail providing quick, perfect coverage even in a hurry. This is definitely for you if you can be a little bit clumsy when it comes to painting your nails.
As for colours, they incorporate a wide core selection of everything you'll need to replicate the trends from SS13, all the way to AW13, including nudes, pastels like the soft pink New Romantic, punchy brights like the crimson Rock n Roll (above) and vampy black and burgundy (Kate's favourite is Hip Hop - "it's a vibrant orangey-red that really stands out", she says).
To celebrate the launch of the new collection, we've got two Rimmel London goodie bags worth £50 each to give away to two of our readers!
Click here for your chance to win a £50 Rimmel London goodie bag
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
The Rimmel London Salon Pro With Lycra collection is £4.49 each, in stores now!
Terms and Conditions:
1. Prizes are 2 x £50 Rimmel London goodie bags.
2. Prizes are dependent on availability. Rimmel will enter into no correspondence / discussion. Colours may vary depending on availability.
3. One entry per person only.
4. Competition is open to UK visitors to Kiss and Makeup only.
5. By filling out the form and completing your entry, you will be subscribed to the Kiss and Makeup newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time. We will also share your details with our competition partner who may contact you in the future. We will not share your details with anyone else without your consent.
6.. The competition closes on Sunday 19th May 2013. Entries received after this date will not be counted.
7. This competition is subject to Aigua Media's wider terms and conditions.